The membership selection process for the National Technical Honor Society is as follows:
- Student must be a sophomore, junior or senior.
- Student must have two letter-graded credits in one program area. (see attached matrix at the bottom of this section)
- An industry-level certification in the nominated area may fulfull 1/2 credit per certification, up to a maximum of 1 credit.
- Students must have a 3.5 or higher GPA in their career and technical education program and a 3.0 or higher overall GPA.
- All students must be nominated by their program instructor on the basis of the following: good attendance, positive work habits, safety consciousness. interpersonal skills, trustworthiness, honesty, positive attitude, above average leadership, a good work ethic, citizenship, and active student organization participation, if available.
- Students must pass the review process established by the staff review council. The composition of this council is an academic teacher, a career and technical education teacher, a principal, a school counselor, the career and technical education director, and a business/industry representative. The principal will serve as monitor during the review process.
The National Technical Honor Society nomination process and selection procedure has been approved by the Grand Forks Public Schools administration. It is through this approved selection process the Grand Forks Public Schools seeks to recognize those students who exemplify the high standards required for membership. With the honor of membership comes the obligation of each student to use their talents and skills for the betterment of others and to become active and productive members of society.