There are several intrinsic reasons a student may desire membership in the National Technical Honor Society. Membership in the NTHS is the highest honor that the Grand Forks Public Schools can bestow on a student in a career and technical education program. Membership is an honor and a prestigious public recognition of outstanding student achievement. Members are recognized by employers, government officials, and college officials as possessing many of the qualities and characteristics which are indicators of future success.
Some of the immediate benefits for students include the following:
- Induction at a recognition function
- A Certificate of Membership
- A membership card and pin from the national organization
- Recognition at graduation including a special seal applied to the high school diploma and entitlement to wear the silver NTHS Honor Stole during commencement
- Up to three letters of recommendation from the National Technical Honor Society