The auditorium seating capacity was 1516, with an orchestra pit for thirty musicians. The large stage was equipped with flood and footlights , scenery, adequate heating, and all that one could wish for. There was even a fine new pipe organ. Below the auditorium was a large room which could be used for dancing and was later to become the cafeteria. There were rooms for mechanical drawing, printing, shop, and classrooms, many of which were to be used by seventh and eighth grade students.
On February 10, 1937, the students and faculty helped to dedicate the building. High school and junior high school students now had a good place to gather for assemblies, plays, concerts, and commencement. Townspeople had a good place for artist concerts which brought great musicians to the city, for the Grand Forks Symphony, for conventions, and for other special events.