Grand Forks Central Philosophy
Our democratic society depends upon well-informed and responsible citizens whose self-fulfillment and competence are of paramount importance. Therefore, we, Central High School, present our philosophy in order that it might serve as a guide in establishing educational programs that will prepare our students to become successful, contributing members of our society.
The educational programs at Grand Forks Central High School will:
- Provide an educational environment that is safe and conducive to learning.
- Provide a meaningful learning experiences that address the intellectual, physical, and social needs of each student.
- Encourage students to develop responsibility to self and others and to understand the benefits of cultural diversity to their intellectual and emotional development.
- Help students develop a desire to learn and nurture a love of lifetime learning.
- Provide vocational, artistic, and cultural opportunities challenging students to become critical, creative thinkers and doers.
- Enable and encourage parents and community to participate in the total education of our young adults within the guidelines of the Grand Forks School Board and the legal framework of the State of North Dakota.
- Ensure equal rights for all students regardless of gender, intellectual, physical, economical, cultural, or religious differences.