Girls’ softball will begin on Tuesday, August 18. We encourage you to participate regardless of experience or athletic ability.
- Current physical form turned into the office. This form must be the NDHSAA Physical Form. (Forms are available at Twining or at the clinic). It must be dated after April 15, 2020. You must have a physical turned in before you can practice. If you don’t have a physical completed by the first practice, we still want you at practice watching and learning. If it is difficult to get an appointment for a physical on Base, we ask you to consider getting one at a clinic in Grand Forks. The usual cost is $35. The season is short; with our low enrollment numbers and short 8-week season, we need people practicing right away. Due to COVID impacts, those 8th graders that had a physical form turned in during the 2019-2020 school year will not have to get a physical this year. Parents will just need to fill out the “B” form.
- IMPACT concussion testing prior to first game. Conducted in the computer lab at school. We will do this the first week of practice and also the first week of school during practice. A parent awareness form regarding the IMPACT concussion testing needs to be signed before taking the test. This test is done once every two years. Students that took the test in 7th grade don’t need to take it in 8th grade. 7th and 8th graders that didn’t take the IMPACT test last year will need to take it.
- Parents need to fill out the Code of Conduct Form.
**********Physical, IMPACT/Concussion, Code of Conduct, and “B” forms can be found on the Twining website under the Athletics tab.
- Fee paid to the office before the first game – Fee amount is $50. Reduced or waived fee forms are available in the office. Please take care of this as soon as possible.
- Nine practices are required before the first game. Practices attended and observed before getting your physical don’t count toward the nine practices.
Softball will practice adjacent to the football field until school starts and will then move to a TBD diamond on base.
August 18-20, August 24-27
4-5:30 p.m. - Practices at Twining (next to football field)
Coach: Roger Quinn
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org 701-787-5100 (school)
Practices: August 18-20, 24-27 from 4-5:30 p.m. at Twining Middle School. When school starts softball practices will be held from 3:30 – 5 p.m. at a diamond on base TBD. Players are responsible for transportation to the softball fields once they start practicing there.