Twining football will begin on Monday, August 17. We encourage you to participate regardless of experience or athletic ability.
- Current physical form turned into the office. This form must be the NDHSAA Physical Form. (Forms are available at Twining or at the clinic). It must be dated after April 15, 2020. You must have a physical turned in before you can practice. If you don’t have a physical completed by the first practice, we still want you at practice watching and learning. If it is difficult to get an appointment for a physical on Base, we ask you to consider getting one at a clinic in Grand Forks. The usual cost is $35. The season is short; with our low enrollment numbers and short 8-week season, we need people practicing right away. Due to COVID impacts, those 8th graders that had a physical form turned in during the 2019-2020 school year will not have to get a physical this year. Parents will just need to fill out the “B” form.
- IMPACT concussion testing prior to first game. Conducted in the computer lab at school. We will do this the first week of practice and also the first week of school during practice. A parent awareness form regarding the IMPACT concussion testing needs to be signed before taking the test. This test is done once every two years. Students that took the test in 7th grade don’t need to take it in 8th grade. 7th and 8th graders that didn’t take the IMPACT test last year will need to take it.
- Parents need to fill out the Code of Conduct Form.
**********Physical, IMPACT/Concussion, Code of Conduct, and “B” forms can be found on the Twining website under the Athletics tab.
- Fee paid to the office before the first game – Fee amount is $50. Reduced or waived fee forms are available in the office. Please take care of this as soon as possible.
- Nine practices are required before the first game. Practices attended and observed before getting your physical don’t count toward the nine practices.
Football practice will be at Twining on the football field.
August 17-20, August 24-27
6:30- 8 a.m. – Practice (August 17 will be equipment checkout)
Coaches: Jeff Welsh, Dave Schultheis
Coach Jeff Welsh - email@example.com 701-787-5100 (School)
Coach Dave Schultheis– firstname.lastname@example.org 218-230-4151 (cell)
Practices: Football practices will be from 6:30-8 a.m. prior to school starting. When school commences, practice will be from 3:15 – 4:45 p.m. daily with the occasional 6:30 a.m. practice.
* Mouth guards that can be attached to a helmet are needed by the August 20th practice. All other equipment is provided except football shoes. We do have some used football shoes that we can loan for the season.