Families, including those living on the Grand Forks Air Force Base, are responsible for making arrangements to get their students to and from school.
Student transportation within the city of Grand Forks is available on the city bus and through Dietrich Bus Service. For more information, please contact:
- City Bus - (701) 746-2600
- Dietrich Bus Service - (701) 772-0601
- Bus routes include the following schools: Century, Discovery, Elroy Schroeder, Grand Forks Central, J Nelson Kelly, Lake Agassiz, South, Valley, Viking, and Wilder schools
Special Education transportation and transportation from the Grand Forks Air Force Base to Grand Forks Central High School are provided.
Below is information for those that want to utilize Dietrich Bus Service for AM and/or PM regular bus routes for the school year. These procedures were put in place to help keep your student safe while traveling to and from school.
- We require all students who ride a regular route bus to have a Transportation Request Form on file.
- For families who were interested in busing were asked to complete the request form in PowerSchool during registration.
- If you missed that deadline (early August 2022), please complete this Google Form (LINK: https://forms.gle/pVjxTJV7QCxRGemj6). As the request is being submitted after the deadline, there is no guarantee of ridership. Dietrich Bus Service will contact you directly with further information.
- Please note: the above is for general route busing only. For special education busing, please call the Special Education Unit at 701-746-2230. For English Language (EL) learner busing, please call Travis Thorvilson, principal at Winship Elementary School, at 701-746-2325.
- Please review the "Transportation Policy" on the "Student Transportation" page. LINK: https://www.gfschools.org/Page/8725.