History of Our School
Lewis and Clark Elementary School opened in the fall of 1953. The project was only partially finished at a cost of $313,000. A north wing of the school opened in 1955.
After the flood of 1997, only the upper level of the school was used, along with temporary relocatables, which were placed on the east side of the building. This was to supplement what was lost on the garden view level.
The school was named after Louisiana Purchase explorers Meriweather Lewis and William Clark.