Information for Families
Below is information for those that want to utilize Dietrich Bus Service for AM and/or PM regular bus routes for the school year. These procedures were put in place to help keep your student safe while traveling to and from school.
- We require all students who ride a regular route bus to have a Transportation Request Form on file.
- Dietrich uses Google Maps for bus routes. If you visit the district/your school website, click on "Families" (top toolbar) > "Student Transportation" in (left sidebar), and the maps are under the "Links" section (right sidebar) LINK: https://www.gfschools.org/Page/7894
- When you open a map, click on the Magnifying Glass in the upper left-hand corner, enter your home address, and you will see the nearest pick-up/drop-off location.
- Dietrich has a transportation policy that we will require riders to abide by. This is also located on the "Student Transportation" page under "Transportation Policy." LINK: https://www.gfschools.org/Page/8725
- We require all elementary students who ride a regular route bus to have a Backpack ID tag. If you have a student new to riding the bus, or you don't have the ID tag from last year, please have your student visit the main office at their school.
- All students must be pre-registered to ride the bus. As such, guests (ex: a student who hasn't registered and typically doesn't ride the bus) are not allowed.
For the 2020-2021 school year:
- All drivers and monitors will wear masks.
- All students on the regular routes and EL routes will wear masks.
- Drivers will wear gloves when handling wheelchairs and lifts.
- Physical distancing will be utilized.
- Seats will be assigned. Those living in the same household can share - 3 per seat in elementary and two per seat in middle and high school.
- Physical contact will not be allowed.
- Additional cleaning and sanitation procedures will be used.
Should you have any questions, please contact the main office at your child’s school. Thank you for your time and understanding!
Grand Forks Public Schools