When to Stay Home From Work or School
24 Hour Rule
- 100.4 degrees or greater, you need to stay home until you have not had a fever for 24 hours WITHOUT medication (ibuprofen or acetaminophen)!
- Vomiting / Diarrhea
- You need to stay home for at least 24 hours after your last bout of vomiting or diarrhea. You need to regain strength and not pass on germs!
- If you are sick and go to the doctor, you should stay home for 24 hours after your FIRST dose of antibiotics for anything like strep throat, bronchitis, or pink eye.
Tips for Not Spreading Germs
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. If soap and water aren’t available, use hand sanitizer.
- When you use a tissue to sneeze or cough into, THROW IT AWAY!
- Get a new toothbrush every time you are sick
- Don’t drink out of anyone else’s glass or cup!
Please consider the health of your co-workers, classmates, and teachers and follow these guidelines before returning to school or work.
Recovery time is shorter when you get plenty of rest!
Thank you for helping to keep your school and work environment healthy and happy!