March 27, 2019
GFPS Native American Parent Committee | Wednesday, March 27, 2019 | Mark Sanford Center Conference Center
Attendance: Chad Ward, Harmoney Bercier, Courtney Cerolt Erica Gunville, Holly Long, Maylynn Warne, Donald Warne, Lon Ellingson
No minutes to review/approve
- Introductions and brief description of Grand Forks and East Grand Forks NAPC programs.
- Discussed sharing booth at the UND powwow on April 13th
- Maylynn shared a survey with group. Plan to ask people at the powwow to fill it out.
- May need volunteers to help out at the booth on Saturday during 2-hour shifts
- To show collaboration between groups, Maylynn gave both committees two options for logos designs created by Jason Wolters.
- Group voted on one for the creation of a banner for the booth that will represent both committees.
- East Grand Forks will be holding a career day at their school, families from both cities are welcomed to attend.
- Flyers for career day event will be handed out during the powwow.
- Committees discussed having the graduation party for all Native Americans graduating.
- Further planning for graduation party will be held during the next meeting.
Next meeting set for Wednesday, April 17th at 6 p.m. at the middle school in East Grand Forks.