Community Planning Task Force
The Grand Forks School Board is engaged in a process to explore and identify long-range facilities needs and financial implications and to align community values with contemporary educational experiences. Part of this work was done by a diverse, citizen-represented Facilities Task Force that served in an advisory capacity to the Grand Forks School Board.
The Facilities Task Force:
- Reviewed demographic community growth data and projections; considered enrollment trends and grade and/or school configurations;
- Learned about innovative instructional models and the facility requirements to support student needs and programming;
- Reviewed the Districts’ current financial position as well as financing options available to support potential projects;
- Brainstormed, explored, evaluated, and refined potential long-term flexible and fiscally responsible solutions, including considering operational efficiencies and costs;
- Considered various health and safety factors;
- Serve as factual “key communicators” to the Grand Forks and Grand Forks Air Force Base public school communities throughout the process;
At the conclusion of their work, the Facilities Task Force prepared a presentation summarizing its findings and including an advisory recommendation targeted to the Grand Forks School Board on December 17th, 2020.