Medical Information and Forms

  • A healthy child is one that will engage in learning and have a successful school experience. Please review the following checklist and make sure that all required forms are in the office before your child attends the first day of school.

    • A physical exam (including vision and hearing screenings) and a dental exam by a healthcare provider are helpful and recommended.
    • North Dakota State Law, Chapter 33-06-05, requires children to be adequately immunized before entering school. A record of your child’s immunizations must be submitted to the school before they start Kindergarten/begin school. Note: Any child not adhering to the recommended schedule shall provide proof of immunization or a certificate of immunization within 30 days of enrollment or be excluded from school or early childhood facility. The school exclusion date is October 1 for those students who are not up to date.
    • If your child has any special health concerns, including severe allergies, seizures, or diabetes, an individualized health care plan will need to be completed and signed by your child’s health care provider. This plan will inform all staff about how to best care for your child’s health needs. This needs to be in place prior to your child attending school.
    • If your child needs to keep an Epinephrine auto-injectable device and/or Benadryl at school due to allergies, your child’s health care provider must complete a Food Allergy/Anaphylaxis Emergency Care Plan. This form must be signed by the health care provider and the parent/guardian. The signed form and the medication(s) must be at school before your child begins their first day.
    • If your child has been diagnosed with asthma and may possibly need an inhaler or nebulizer treatment during the day, an Asthma Emergency Care Plan must also be completed and signed by you and your child’s health care provider.
    • If your child needs any medication given at school, a Medication Authorization Form must be filled out and signed by the health care provider and the parent/guardian. This is for all medications, including inhalers and over-the-counter medications.
    • If your child has a diagnosed food allergy and needs special meals, the Medical Statement to Request School Meal Modification form must be completed and signed by the child’s healthcare provider and returned to school.

    All forms are available by clicking on the hyperlinks above or in the sidebar. Forms require updating prior to each new school year.

Information & Forms