Device and Internet Information
Our schools will soon be providing access to devices for 1st-12th grade families. Additional information about device deployment will come directly from the school-level.
GFPS Student Chromebook and iPad Technical Support
Our technology team is here to support you. If you have an issue with your device please call or email our team. They will get back to you within 24 hours Monday-Friday.
- (701) 787-4318 or
Please include the following information in your message:
- Student’s First and Last Name
- Device Type (Chromebook or iPad)
- A brief description of the problem
Please note: password requests and questions about SeeSaw or Google Classroom should be sent to your child’s classroom teacher.
In response to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, Midco has taken several steps to ensure residents in the communities we serve have access to a reliable connection. As part of their response, they are introducing an all-new package, Midco Internet Basics, for low-income households with K-12 and/or college students who don’t have internet access.
Education Assistance Credit makes the service FREE through June 15, 2020. Speeds up to 25 Mbps download and 3 Mbps upload and a standard or wireless modem included.
This limited-time offer is available to new customers living at a serviceable Midco address, adding internet service only. Midco Internet Basics will return to the regular monthly rate, $14.95 once promotional pricing has expired. Equipment pricing will return to a regular monthly rate once promotional pricing has expired. All services are per month unless otherwise indicated. Midco will reassess whether the program is still needed before its expiration on June 15, 2020. Due to the evolving nature of the Coronavirus, Midco may have to pause in-home professional installations. They reserve the right to restrict this program to homes that are eligible for self-installation only.
You can enroll today by calling 1-833-338-4638 (1.833.EDU.INET). Reference special code: MIBEDU20, to receive the Education Assistance Credit
Device Care Expectations
- Store the device on a table or counter, not the floor.
- Charge the device in a common area of your house, not a student’s bedroom.
- Keep food and drinks away from the computer.
- Keep device and charger safe from pets and small children.
- Use the device for learning and then take breaks to do non-digital activities.
- Please use a damp cloth, such as a Clorox wipe, to clean your device. Do not spray cleaning products directly on the device.
- Return the device and charger when school resumes or return date is set.