Prevent the Spread of COVID-19
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before leaving home, on arrival at school/work, after using the restroom, before food preparation, before eating any food (including snacks), and when arriving back at home.
- For young children, suggest they hum the “Happy Birthday” song twice from beginning to end while washing their hands. This video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZw4Ga3jg3E) from the CDC is a great resource to show young children.
- If soap is unavailable, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Rub the sanitizer over all the surfaces of your hands, which also takes approximately 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough/sneeze with a tissue, throw the tissue in the garbage, and wash your hands. If a tissue is unavailable, cough/sneeze into your flexed elbow.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who is sick.
- Stay home if you are sick. Do not send your student to school if they are feeling sick. See “When to Stay Home from Work or School” for more information