Introduction to Kindergarten
What is Introduction to Kindergarten?
Students receive student-centered instruction in Introduction to Kindergarten from certified teachers in Grand Forks Public Schools. A lower teacher-student ratio, developmentally appropriate materials, and a concentration on individual skills will provide an intensive educational opportunity for your student.
What else should we know about the class?
- Dates: July 31-August 11, 2023
- Hours: 8 a.m.-12 p.m. There is no supervision prior to 8 a.m. or after 12 p.m.
- Fee: No fee for Introduction to Kindergarten class.
- Breakfast/Lunch: Will not be provided; students can bring their own.
- Snack: Each class will plan to have a mid-morning snack break. Please plan to send a healthy snack with your student each day. Healthy snack examples include fruits, veggies, crackers and cheese.
- Supplies: Your student will need to bring a backpack labeled with their name. Supplies (pencils, crayons, markers, glue sticks, and scissors) can be placed in a plastic baggie and labeled with your student's name.
We are excited about adding ENCORE, our elementary after-school program, to our Introduction to Kindergarten. Classes will consist of a variety of opportunities, including STEM, art, gym, sports, music, reading, and practicing school expectations.
- 12-1 p.m.: Lunch from home/Recess
- 1:30-2:20 p.m.: Class Rotation 1
- 2:20-3:10 p.m.: Class Rotation 2
- 3:10-4 p.m.: Class Rotation 3
- 4-5:30 p.m.: Optional ENCORE programming (snack, recess, activities)
The fee for ENCORE is based on whether or not your family qualifies for free, reduced price, or full price lunch. For more information, please visit www.gfschools.org/Page/8333.
July 31st-August 11th 1 Student 2 Students 3+ students Free Lunch Meals $50 $60 $70 Reduced Lunch Meals $80 $90 $100 Full Price Lunch $150 $180 $210
ENCORE Bonus Week
ENCORE Bonus Week will be held August 14-18, 2023. This will include enrichment from 7:45 a.m.-4 p.m., as well as extended care from 4-5:30 p.m. Lunch (will need to be brought from home) will be held from 12-12:30 p.m.
August 14th-18th 1 Student Free Lunch Meals $25 Reduced Lunch Meals $50 Full Price Lunch $100
Sites may change based upon enrollment, staffing, and space availability.
- Ben Franklin Elementary* and Century Elementary: held at Century Elementary
- Lake Agassiz Elementary
- Lewis and Clark Elementary
- Phoenix Elementary
- Viking Elementary*: location to be determined
- Wilder Elementary
- Winship Elementary
*Ben Franklin Elementary and Viking Elementary are closed for the summer of 2023 due to construction.