Community Planning Task Force
The Grand Forks School Board is engaging a process to explore and identify long-range facilities needs and financial implications and to align community values with contemporary educational experiences through the work of a diverse, citizen-represented Facilities Task Force that will serve in an advisory capacity to the Grand Forks School Board.
The purpose of the Facilities Task Force will be to:
- Review demographic community growth data and projections; consider enrollment trends and grade and/or school configurations;
- Understand innovative instructional models and the facility requirements to support student needs and programming;
- Review and understand the Districts’ current financial position as well as financing options available to support potential projects;
- Brainstorm, explore, evaluate, and refine potential long-term flexible and fiscally responsible solutions, including considering operational efficiencies and costs;
- Consider various health and safety factors;
- Seek and review community feedback through multiple outreach opportunities including but not limited to a community-wide; and
- Serve as factual “key communicators” to the Grand Forks and Grand Forks Air Force Base public school communities throughout the process;
At the conclusion of their work, the Facilities Task Force will prepare a report summarizing its findings and including an advisory recommendation targeted for presentation to the Grand Forks School Board no later than September 2020.
More information will be added as the work of the Task Force progresses.