Athletics-Information & Forms
All students participating in athletics must have a physical examination before they can participate in practice or a contest. We encourage you to schedule physicals early so you do not run into problems with appointments when practice begins. Physical Forms can be printed from the link below or picked up in the Main Office.
The North Dakota High School Activities Association now requires a physical examination every year. Only the final page of the form will be turned in to the school office by the student-athlete. The physical must be taken after April 15th of the current year to be valid for the next school year. This form must be completed and returned to the school office prior to the athlete beginning practice.
The Grand Forks Public Schools is providing concussion management information as required by North Dakota State Law (NDCC 15.1-18.2). The statute requires that each student and their parent/guardian shall document that they have viewed information regarding concussions that may be incurred by students participating in athletic activities. This form must be signed and returned to the school office prior to the athlete beginning practice. A concussion form must be submitted each year that an athlete participates.
Code of Conduct Form
Parents/Guardians and student-athlete need to sign the Code of Conduct form. This form must be signed and returned to the school office prior to the athlete beginning practice.
Physical Examination LocationsCall for appointment(701) 732-7700Various Locations & DatesClick here for current informationNo appointment necessary
Southtown Square Mall
2650 32nd Ave S
NE corner of Columbia Rd & 32nd AveWalk-in Clinic Hours:
Mon-Fri 8:00 am - 6:30 pm
Sat 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Closed Sundays and HolidaysCall for appointment(701) 775-58001451 44th Ave South; Suite 112DInside the Kidney and Hypertension BuildingHours: M-F 8-5Closed Sat/Sun(218) 773-13901428 Central Ave NWEast Grand Forks, MN 56721Clinic Hours: Mon-Fri 8:00 am - 4:30 pm(218) 773-6800929 Central AveEast Grand Forks, MN 56721Clinic Hours: Mon-Fri 8:00 am - 5:00 pmSame day appointments available(701) 775-ALLY (2559)4700 S Washington St.Grand Forks, ND 58201Clinic Hours:Mon-Thu 8:00 am - 5:00 pmFri 8:00 am - 12:30 pmClosed Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays
The Grand Forks Public Schools charges students participating in athletics, speech, debate, and drama a participation fee.
The district will require athletes to turn in their physical cards, concussion forms, pay their participation fees, and check eligibility in the Main Office.
The procedure will work like this:
- Each student is to report to the school's Main Office anytime before practice begins and bring their signed physical form, signed concussion form, signed code of conduct form, and the appropriate fee. Office hours are 7:00 A.M. - 4:00 P.M.
- Office personnel will collect the above items and check the eligibility list.
- If everything is in order, the athlete will be issued an activity "white" card which is to be taken to the coach.
Coaches will not collect physical forms, concussion forms, code of conduct forms or money, it will all be done in the Main Office. If an athlete is cut, a refund will be issued up until the time of the first scheduled contest or public appearance. However, if the athlete voluntarily quits after nine practice days have taken place, there will be no refund.
- Contact the main office for current participation fees for athletics, debate, speech, and drama.
- Any middle school student participating in a senior high sport/activity will pay the senior high fee.
- Fees may be waived or reduced in cases of undue hardship. The District Athletic Director will determine hardship cases using criteria specified in the waiver form and will process all waiver requests. Waiver forms are available in the Main Office.
- The fee is to be paid before the first scheduled practice.
- Fees are to be paid to the secretary in the Main Office in the school in which the student attends.
- Student managers, trainers, statisticians, and cheerleaders will not be required to pay a fee.
Travel Release Form
Athletes & Parents:
Red River Letter Jackets can be ordered and updated at:
1501 11th Avenue North
Grand Forks, ND 58203
(Just across from Darcy's Cafe)
Gerrell's Sports Center
1004 S Washington St
Grand Forks, ND 58201