ENCORE Program Information
Grand Forks Public Schools will offer the ENCORE program at the following locations for the 2019-2020 school year are Ben Franklin, Century, Lake Agassiz, Lewis and Clark, Phoenix, Viking, West, Wilder, and Winship elementary schools. The ENCORE program is made possible through federal 21st Century funds, which are available for schools whose number of families that qualify for free or reduced-price meals as 40 percent or higher.
Registration is required (including re-registration if enrolled last year).
- Families who qualify for free meals: $50/month for 1 student; $60/month for 2 students; $70/month for 3 students
- Families who qualify for reduced meals: $80/month for 1 student; $90/months for 2 students; $100/month for 3 students
- Families who pay full price for meals: $150/month for 1 student; $180/month for 2 students; $210/month for 3 students
- Monthly fees are not prorated based on the number of days in the month and fees are the same whether your child attends one day a week or five days a week.
- This is an academic-based program,
- We are mandated to provide two hours a day of academics, regardless of grade level,
- Not all spots are guaranteed,
- Some locations may have a waiting list due to space and staffing,
- The only registration accepted at Open House will be for Early Dismissal,
- ENCORE is not offered on 11:20 a.m. dismissal days or non-school days.
Daily Schedule (each school does change):
- 3-4 p.m.: Homework assistance
- 4-4:15 p.m.: Snack/Socialization
- 4:15-5:15 p.m: Theme-based enrichment activities aligned to standards
- 5:15-5:45 p.m.: Organized large muscle activities
- 5:45-6 p.m.: Free play
For more information, please call the ENCORE office at 701.215.8041 or email email@example.com.
ENCORE Early Out Club
The Early Dismissal Program is for Ben Franklin, Century, Lake Agassiz, Lewis and Clark, Phoenix, Viking, West, Wilder, and Winship elementary schools.
The program operates from 1:30-3 p.m. on TBD dates for the 2020-2021 school year.
Early Out Club provides participants with organized and active after-school activities, arts and crafts, computers, and various STEM activities.
This program is free and is being offered in cooperation with Grand Forks Public Schools.
All students enrolled in ENCORE will report to ENCORE at 3 p.m. All other students not registered for ENCORE will need to be picked up no later than 3:00 p.m.
If you have any questions, please contact Kayla Erickson, ENCORE Director, at 701-215-8041 or firstname.lastname@example.org.