Welcome to the Grand Forks Foundation for Education!
Grand Forks Foundation for Education Awards $34,829 For Local School Projects
The Grand Forks Foundation for Education, Inc. is awarding $34,829 this spring to help fund a variety of enrichment projects in Grand Forks Public Schools. In addition to $9,607 for 13 Mini-Grant projects, the Foundation is awarding $25,222 to fund four Impact Grant projects.
The Mini-Grants have been funded through the Foundation for Education since 1992. Awards are usually for classroom-level or grade-level projects. All areas of curriculum and all grade levels are eligible for Mini-Grants.
The Bill and Shirley Brown Endowment for Education makes the Foundation’s Impact Grants possible. Income from the Brown Endowment is used to fund projects, ranging from $5,000 to $15,000, with the potential for lasting influence at the district or grade level, or at one or more schools.
- $111 Paige Ferguson and Red River High School for Fluorescent Light Filters.
- $250 Evan Pederson and Lake Agassiz Elementary School for Compasses, Orienteering.
- $425 Brooke VanLooy and South Middle School for Foreign Language Literacy Enrichment Materials.
- $500 Aimee Rogers and South Middle School for Manga Mania.
- $520 Jennifer Modeen and Winship Elementary School for Mindfulness on the Move.
- $599 Nancy Greenwood and Grand Forks Central High School for Shrinking the Art.
- $600 Nadine Raymond and West Elementary School for Jan Richardson Word Study Kits.
- $842 Ashley Vinje and Lake Agassiz School for Every Student-Every Day a Reader!
- $1,000 Allyson Drees and Ben Franklin Elementary School for Fire Damage Book Replacement.
- $1,000 Erika Feole and Red River High School for Literacy Leads to Language Acquisition 2.0.
- $1,010 Steve Paintner and Grand Forks Central High School for Pre-Calculus Calculator Replacement.
- $1,250 Andrea Guthridge and South Middle School for Literature Circle Books and Reading Books for 6th grade at South.
- $1,500 Travis Thorvilson and Winship Elementary for Strengthen Your Team.
Impact Grant Awards:
- $2,918 Elizabeth Berger and Nathan Twining Elementary and Middle School for Jan Richardson Reading Intervention for Middle School.
- $5,000 LuAnn Schmidt and J Nelson Kelly Elementary School for Kelly Elementary Playground.
- $7,304 Allyse Dunnigan and all middle school vocal music programs for Integrating Technology
- into Music at Middle Schools.
- $10,000 Eric Ripley and all elementary schools for VEX IQ Robot Expansion into all Elementary
For further information on the projects that were funded this spring, please contact Foundation Executive Director Emilia Hodgson at (701) 787-4866.