Dietrich Transportation Update
October 16, 2018
We have been working diligently with Dietrich Bus Service to put new procedures in place to help keep your student safe while traveling to and from school. We would like you to be aware of the changes that have been/will be made:
- We will now require all students who ride a regular route bus to have a Transportation Request Form on file. This form can be completed online at https://goo.gl/forms/qo7MyLa3r3d55VD62.
- Any change must be made three (3) business days prior to the change taking effect. Changes can be made by submitting a new Transportation Request Form.
- Dietrich has converted to using Google Maps for creating bus routes. If you visit the district/your school website, click on "Families" (top toolbar) > "Student Transportation" in (left sidebar), and the maps are under the "Links" section (right sidebar) LINK: https://www.gfschools.org/Page/7894
- When you open a map, click on the Magnifying Glass in the upper left-hand corner, enter your home address, and you will see the nearest pick-up/drop-off location.
- Dietrich has a transportation policy that we will require riders to abide by. This is also located on the "Student Transportation" page under "Transportation Policy." LINK: https://www.gfschools.org/Page/8725
- We are also requiring all elementary students who ride a regular route bus to have a Backpack ID tag. The main office at your school will be distributing these tags.
- Finally, we will have bus monitors on each afternoon bus at the elementary level. We plan for this to be in place by the beginning of November.
Should you have any questions, please contact the main office at your child’s school. Thank you for your time and understanding!
Grand Forks Public Schools