Update for Families
Posted by Tracy Jentz on 3/16/2020 5:00:00 PM
March 16, 2020
We continue to monitor the evolving situation regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). There are two pieces of information we would like to share with you today.
(1) Grand Forks Public Schools’ Child Nutrition Department will provide grab and go meals to students (18-years-old and younger) on regularly scheduled school days at no cost. Lunch and Breakfast will be served at the same time (lunch for today and breakfast for tomorrow). These meals will be served as a sack lunch from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. at the following schools this week on Tuesday, March 17th:
- Ben Franklin Elementary School (1016 S 20th St.)
- Century Elementary School (3351 17th Ave. S)
- J Nelson Kelly Elementary School (3000 Cherry St.)
- Lake Agassiz Elementary School (605 Stanford Rd.)
- Phoenix Elementary School (351 4th Ave. S)
- Viking Elementary School (809 22nd Ave. S)
- Wilder Elementary School (1009 N 3rd St.)
- Winship Elementary School (1412 5th Ave. N)
- Elroy Schroeder Middle School (800 32nd Ave. S)
- Valley Middle School (2100 5th Ave. N)
- Grand Forks Central High School (115 N 4th St.)
- Red River High School (2211 17th Ave. S)
Please pick up the sack lunches at the labeled door and take the meal home to enjoy. Meals cannot be eaten on site. All students can eat for free and are able to access meals at any of the locations listed above, even if it is not their home school.
If any student or chaperone of a student is exhibiting cold or flu-like symptoms, please stay in the vehicle.
(2) Grand Forks Public Schools is taking a proactive approach to planning in the event there is an extended school closure beyond March 20th. At 7 p.m. today (Monday, March 16th), you will receive a phone call from 701-746-2212. A recorded message will play that will ask you three questions:
- Do you have Internet at home that would support online learning for your student(s)? (press 1 for yes, 2 for no)
- Does your student have access to a reliable device at home (other than a smartphone)? (press 1 for yes, 2 for no)
- How many students do you have that would need a school-sponsored device for learning at home? (use keypad to select number)
Please answer the call and respond accordingly. If you do miss the call, a survey will be emailed to you to complete.
Thank you for your continued support as we all navigate the days ahead.
Grand Forks Public Schools