Remote Learning Starts April 1st
Posted by Tracy Jentz on 3/31/2020
March 31st, 2020
Thank you again for your patience and understanding over the past several weeks as we work to implement remote learning at Grand Forks Public Schools. As we move forward with remote learning, there are a few things we wanted to call to your attention.
- Remote learning for all of our schools begins on Wednesday, April 1st. Your student(s) have/will receive information from their teachers via the packets you picked up last week and/or via Seesaw or Google Classroom (for our elementary school students) or through Google Classroom (for middle/high school students).
- We understand this change in learning may bring some anxiety. Our employees are ready to take on this opportunity and work with you as our partners in education. To help focus on the unique opportunities this brings, and to help create a positive memory of this time for your family, please feel free to use the First Day of Remote Learning signs we have created, which are available at bit.ly/GFPSremote.
- We will still observe the holidays / no school dates on our calendar, which are April 10th, April 13th, and May 25th.
- While we are remote learning, we will not have elementary early releases or high school late starts.
- We have created a Remote Learning page that will continue to be updated with more resources. This is available on the top toolbar of all of our websites and our smartphone app. A copy of our district Distance Learning Plan is also available here. Quick link: https://www.gfschools.org/remote.
- There are a number of new resources on our Mental Health Hub for you to check out at your convenience, https://www.gfschools.org/mentalhealthhub.
If you have any questions, please contact your student’s teacher(s) or school administrator. We will get through this together.
Grand Forks Public Schools