Elementary School Schedule Change
Posted by Tracy Jentz on 4/24/2020 4:00:00 PM
Elementary School Families,
First of all, thank you for all your support and dedication to student learning during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our principals and teachers have been soliciting feedback on how distance learning is working for families and students as we conclude the 3rd week in this new format.
What we have heard is it's very challenging and stressful for many families to manage this 'new normal.' Based on that feedback we'll be making some adjustments to the weekly schedule starting Monday, April 27.
Here is a summary of those changes:
- We have reduced the number of required assignments in both Reading and Math.
- We will move to a 4-Day Week, Mondays through Thursdays.
- We have set aside Friday, now called Flex Fridays, for the following activities;
- Complete an attendance task.
- Complete any assignments still due.
- Optional extension activities.
- Specialists will continue to post their activities each Friday. Additional Physical Education, Music, and Spanish activities will be available - no assignments though.
- A chance for students or families to check in with teachers if they have any concerns or need assistance.
We hope these adjustments will ease some of the challenges and stressors you are dealing with.
If your child needs any extra assistance or support, please reach out to your child's classroom teacher, school counselor, social worker, or principal.
Thank you again,
Mr. Jody Thompson, Associate Superintendent of Elementary Education