GFPS Smart Restart Information
Posted by Tracy Jentz on 8/4/2020 2:00:00 PM
Grand Forks Public Schools continues preparations for the 2020-2021 school year. This school year, you will have the option to select face-to-face or remote learning for each of your students.
Information on both face-to-face and remote learning can be found at: https://www.smore.com/x8sm7. Please carefully review that information.
Tomorrow (Wednesday, August 5th), you will be emailed a survey to indicate the learning option (face-to-face or remote) for each of your students. The survey window will close on Monday, August 10th at 11:59 p.m.
- All students need reliable access to the internet at home in the event of learning remotely at any point during the 2020-2021 school year. For those families who do not have access, please visit www.Midco.com/Lifeline and apply for the Lifeline Assistance program.
- This program makes the internet affordable for low-income households for as low as $5.70/month. If you’ve tried to get Lifeline assistance before and were rejected, please apply again.
- If you do not qualify for Lifeline, you can sign up for Midco Internet Basics for $14.95/month, including a modem lease.
- Ensure your contact information in PowerSchool is up-to-date. If your information needs to be updated, please contact the main office at your student’s school.
- Stay up-to-date on student vaccinations. The North Dakota Department of Health reported a decrease in the number of vaccinations administered during COVID-19. You can find more information about which vaccines are required for school at health.nd.gov/immunize.
- It is important to continue safety precautions throughout the summer, including social distancing, wearing masks in public settings, etc. Each of these steps helps to reduce transmission and keep the number of cases low.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we all work together to plan for the upcoming school year while keeping our students, families, and employees healthy.