Posted by Tracy Jentz on 9/10/2020 3:00:00 PM
We wanted to share some additional information regarding technology support at Grand Forks Public Schools.
- Our technology team is here to support families with Chromebook and iPad technical support. If you have an issue with a device, please call (you will be leaving a voicemail) or email and you will receive a response within 24 hours Monday-Friday.
- Phone: 701-787-4318
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include the following information: student’s first and last name; device type (Chromebook or iPad); a brief description of the tech request
- Requests for passwords, questions about SeeSaw, Google Classroom, and/or Edmentum should be sent to your student’s classroom teacher. For generic information (ex: log in support), you can also visit https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uZ49RKwMB8-r_yCPSW4aYdIFzEDB_EV9/view.
- The Device Protection Plan (insurance coverage) is optional device insurance and available to families that wish to protect themselves from damage expenses for their student’s school-issued iPad or Chromebook. The Device Protection Plan covers 100% of all accidental damage, fire, flood, natural disasters, power surge, and vandalism to your child’s school-issued iPad or Chromebook with a $0 deductible. The Device Protection Plan will provide coverage on school grounds, at home, on the bus, and anywhere your child may travel. Insurance coverage is available for purchase through MySchoolBucks (When logged in to MySchoolBucks, select “School Store” – and then “Browse All Items”). You can also send a check with your student to school - $20 per student/device; $10 per device for students qualifying for free/reduced meal status.
- For students with Chromebooks, a protective carrying case is strongly encouraged and is available for purchase through MySchoolBucks (iPads (Grades K-2) have a protective sleeve around the device at the time of deployment). Purchased Chromebook cases can then be picked up at the main office at your student’s school. You can also send a check ($20) with your student to school.
Thank you for your continued partnership and support.